For supper, I crafted a delightful tater tot casserole because I am a very classy lady. Lucy and Rowan were underwhelmed.
Lucy: Uuhhghh, I hate green beans!!
Rowan: I don’t like that! I don’t! I don’t like that stuff!
Lucy: This is awful.
Rowan: This is awful!
Joel: Hey! That’s enough, you don’t need to be so rude. It’s not ok to say that the food your mom made is “awful”.
Me: It’s ok, they don’t have to eat supper.
Lucy: Well, I didn’t say it was awful.
Rowan: I did. I said it was awful.
Joel: I know you did. That is not a nice thing to say.
Lucy: You guys didn’t let me finish! I was going to say that this is awfully full of green beans!
Here is my recipe, in case you’d like to feed toxic swill to your children too!
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans French cut green beans, drained
- A few slices of velveeta cheese
- 2 lb bag of frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown hamburger in a skillet, drain, and layer on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Spread both cans of soup over the meat with a spatula.
- Spread cans of beans over the soup.
- Lay thin slices of velveeta evenly over the beans. This is to taste, it doesn’t have to cover the entire pan as it will melt.
- Dump bag of tater tots on top, spread evenly and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and tots are crispy.
- Enjoy all the compliments that are sure to come your way!